Summertime can be tons of fun for your kiddos but it can be a stressful time for a mama (in more ways than one!). We definitely need to be more vigilant about our little one's skincare to make sure they're getting everything they need to keep skin protected from the summer sun and all that outdoor play.
This year, our summer skincare routine got a major upgrade with our biggest seasonal launch yet: Juicy Watermelon! You can find this brand new, super yummy, perfect-for-summer scent in our Hair + Body Wash, Everyday Lotion, Bubble Bath and Conditioner to bring that feeling of a cool treat on a hot summer day straight into your bathtime and skincare routines.
Below find some of our favorite summer skincare rituals to keep your babe's skin and hair happy and healthy through the summer months.
• Extra moisture - We like to moisturize with Everyday Lotion or Dream Cream right when kiddos wake up to prep their skin for the day, and we find that sunscreen applies much easier to soft, hydrated skin!
• Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen - We all know how important SPF is in the summertime but we'll never stop reminding you, Mama! Be sure to apply Mineral Sunscreen or Sunstick at least 15 minutes before sun exposure and give a good reapply every 80 minutes OR after towel drying if your little one is spending time in the water.
• Freshen - When your kiddos come back to the house from an outdoor adventure, give them a spritz of Baby Freshening Spray to deodorize, freshen and tide them (and you!) over until bathtime.
• Bathtime - After your babes have played the day away be sure to give their skin a little extra rest and recuperation with a nice, warm bubble bath.
• Scrub a dub dub, Mama - Now's the time to remove that sunscreen! Using some Hair + Body Wash and our Muslin Washcloth or a soft loofah, gently exfoliate skin to make sure moisturizer after the bath is being applied to a nice, squeaky clean base.
• Brush it like it matters - Let's be honest, summertime sweets are a THING and if kiddos are snacking on sweet treats it's more important than ever to brush teeth twice a day! Check out our Tubby Toothpaste in two yummy flavors, and if you have a hard time reaching that two-minute brushing mark visit our Fun Brushing post here for some ideas!
• Relax - With so much fun going on, it's easy for little ones to get overstimulated. After bathtime, give your babe or toddler a calming massage with our Baby Massage Oil to relax tired muscles and add deep hydration to skin. (tubby tip: Don't forget little feet! Running barefoot in the yard or on sun-warmed pavement or spending time at the beach can cause irritation to your babe's soles and toes, so give them some extra love!)