Summer is here, and we've got a goal of hitting up the beach or pool at least once a week. Here's a roundup of our favorite snacks to bring:
- Annie's Organic Snack Packs — We love the Annie's brand, and our kids DEVOUR these snack packs. They sell a huge box at Costco.
- Trail Mix — The dark chocolate trail mix from Simply Balanced (at Target) is one of our favorites. And nuts are a quick, healthy source of energy.
- Cut-up Vegetables — Make them icy-cold, and they'll stay crisp and are much more appetizing on a hot day. We like to serve them with classic ranch dressing, or sometimes even peanut butter!
- Honest Kids Juice — We don't do juice at home, but when we're out on a hot sunny day, it's the easiest way to keep the kids hydrated. Honest Kids has clean ingredients we feel good about.
- Fresh Fruit — Bananas are an easy go-to, but make sure to keep them in the TOP of your bag so they don't get squished and brown. Grapes are also an excellent choice.
- Fruit Pouches — The grocery shelves are flooded with options for fruit pouches, so pick your favorite flavors and toss them in your bag!
And the most important thing: remember to bring lots of water for everyone! Happy swimming!