Andrea's Essentials for Traveling with Baby
Recently we've packed up the minivan and hit the road with all three kids in tow! Traveling with a young baby is really awesome and really difficult; they'll still sleep anywhere, but they also need the most attention! Here are my favorite essentials to make traveling with your baby easier:
- My Petunia Picklebottom Pathway Pack is an incredible diaper bag! I love that it's modern and streamlined (aka it matches everything), and seems to have pockets right where I need them the most. It's also gender-neutral enough for Brian (my hubby) to sling over his shoulder and help carry the load.
- Our Tubby Todd MAMA Hand Cream is the best for moments when I just need a little break from being a Mom! (You know, on hour seven of a roadtrip...) As I rub it in to moisturize my hands, it renews my focus and energy, and makes me feel like a woman again. :)
- My beautiful Loma Originals clutch is the perfect size for diapers and wipes. It's sturdy and easy to spot in my diaper bag.
- I'm obsessed with my micro Gathre mat. We flew to NY a couple of weeks ago and it was really nice to have for changing a diaper in the airport restroom or on a park bench. It folds tiny to fit in my diaper bag, and wipes clean after any mishaps.
- My Madeline's Box leather binky clip is pretty much always attached to baby James, and its neutral color matches every outfit. We don't leave the house without it!
- Our All Over Ointment is a staple in my diaper bag, and is probably the most versatile product we make. It's something I ALWAYS keep with me when I travel because of its endless uses — it's good for diaper rash, cuts, moisturizing, dry patches, etc. If we have a need, our All Over Ointment can usually fix it!
- The Solly Baby Wrap is another thing that makes traveling (especially on airplanes) WAY easier. It's light, breathable, and flexible, so I can wear James in it while I'm sitting or standing. It matches everything I wear, and can be dressed up or dressed down. (Seriously — I brought it to a wedding recently!) I discreetly nurse him in this wrap when we're taking off and landing.